Friday, August 9, 2013

A cup of coffee a day keeps angry wendy away

One of my favourite things to do here is cafe hopping. One cup of cofee by myself for one hour and I will find my serenity there. I used to be a barista so I know a bit abour coffee or at least, i know the taste of burnt coffees. 

Since I am currently unemployed, I simply have more time to explore some new places. Our forever favourite cafe in the neighbourhood is Imp cafe in East Victoria Park, their coffees are so good that mr husband (who used to be a non coffee drinker) sometimes crave for their coffee. If you happen to be in the area and want to try it, try to find the Victoria Park shopping centre and find the cafe strips opposite the IGA supermarket

  Us at Imp cafe a few days after our Europe trip - were craving for good coffees so bad. 

My next favourite one is a new hidden gem called Moona cafe. It's literally hidden that you have to open an old wooden door, find an 1800's style stairs and walk up to the second level. I found the cafe accidentally by reading one of Perth's food blogs. The cafe itself is on Hay st shopping arcade, between valleygirl and Java juice, you will find a door and VOILA, there's a hidden cafe upstairs. I went there a couple days ago, on one showery day when the sky's all gloomy, cold and sad. When I got there, I fell in love with the place immediately that I quickly added this place into my happy place list in my mind ( I'm a bit weirdo here and there). I ordered soy mocha and a cream cheese bagel and to my taste, the coffee is really good, it's comparable to Imp cafe's coffee. I was sitting outside, looking at Perth's gloomy weather, chewing on my perfectly thick cream cheese bagel. Couldn't be happier than that ! 


I also have tried some other the very hype places like Gordon St garage, Venn cafe, Mo's espresso, Typika, Harvest espresso, the top ten urbanspoon lists type cafes. Some places are unique and worth coming back but some are just average. Like, now, as I'm writing this post, I'm in Venn cafe, next to Bankwest place in Raine square. The place is really good and very Melbourne-ish, the first I went there, the coffee was good but this time, the coffee is so blah, watery and pretty sure, the barista burnt the coffee beans when extracting the coffee drips. On top of that, the blonde waiter wasn't that friendly, maybe she's not on her best days. 



Mr husband before work, I consider his workplace is located in a really good area in the city where there are lots of good coffee houses. I would probably spend my money on trying new coffee places if i worked on his office. 

Nyaaam. 

Ciao and that's it from me today. 

1 comment: